Download - XML/SWF Charts 5.120
Because Adobe Flash is not supported on many portable devices, this tool has been discontinued. Use a tool like Google Charts instead.
Pick any package below to download XML/SWF Charts:
Upgrading from a version before 5.0 requires a new license, or you may run an unlicensed 5.x.
To upgrade your 4.x chart code to 5.x, see this page
- Fixed vertical guide to display the exact label of the data point the guide snaps to.
- Added the save_as_bmp, save_as_jpeg, and save_as_png targets to link.
- Fixed multi-line tooltips in multilanguage text.
- Fixed a random bug on some browsers, which displays the default chart or the spinning wheel endlessly.
- Migrated from Actionscript 2 to Actionscript 3 to improve preformance and add new features.
- Increased the Flash Player requirement from version 9 to 10. The web pages displaying the tool must be edited to reflect this change.
- Added embed to import new fonts in addition to the default Arial font.
- Replaced jpeg_url in context_menu with faster save_as_bmp, save_as_jpeg, and save_as_png.
- Added the blend attribute to the draw function.
- Enabled updates in Full Screen mode.
- Enabled displaying charts within SlickBoard.
- Added the stretch attribute to chart_pref.
- Added the wheel_x and wheel_y attributes to link and link_data.
- Added the background_color_2 attribute to chart_note and tooltip.
- Added note_color, note_background_color_1, and note_background_color_2 attributes to chart_data note.
- Added the toggle_children attribute to legend.
- Added the zero_line attribute to the chart_pref.
- If axis_value's mode is set to "stretch", then toggling the legend updates the axis range in applicable chart types.
- Added the Button graphic element to the draw function.
- Added target='scroll' to link to create buttons that scroll (or zoom) the chart to predefined positions. See gallery example.
- Added chart_note and chart_data note to attach notes to chart points.
- Added tooltip to define the look of the tooltip.
- Added the tooltip attribute to chart_data's <number> tags, and deprecated position='cursor' and the background_color attribute in chart_label.
- Added the tooltip attribute to link, and deprecated its text, font, bold, size, color, background_color, and alpha attributes.
- Added the connect attribute to chart_guide.
- Added the scroll_detail and stop_detail attributes to scroll to manage and scroll large charts smoothly.
- Added the select attribute to chart_pref to select slices in pie charts (click slices to detach them from the pie).
- Added corner_tl, corner_tr, corner_br, and corner_bl attributes to draw rect to enable drawing rectangles with rounded corners.
- Added corner_tl, corner_tr, corner_br, and corner_bl attributes to chart_rect to enable drawing charts with rounded corners.
- Added scroll to make charts scrollable.
- Added streaming and animating data by adding the mode and span attributes to update.
- Enabled rotating 3d charts by clicking and dragging them. Added the drag, min_x, max_x, min_y, max_y parameters to chart_pref.
- Added 3D Area, Stacked 3D Area, and Bubble chart types.
- Added support for scalable charts.
- Added interactive chart guides.
- Added support for unanimated GIFs and PNG in draw.
- Added the mode parameter to axis_value and axis_category to determine the range behavior.
- Improved performance.
- Added filter to define visual effects.
- Added effects to chart_data to apply physical attributes to graphic elements of a chart.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to axis_category.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to axis_value.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to legend.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to chart_rect.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to chart_label.
- Added shadow, bevel, glow, and blur attributes to draw.
- Added context_menu to support context menu commands.
- Added Full Screen mode to view charts in full screen..
- Added Export to JPEG support in the context_menu.
- Added timeout, retry, and spinning_wheel parameters to link to control its update behavior.
- Added timeout, retry, and spinning_wheel parameters to link_data to control its update behavior.
- Deprecated update's fail parameter and added the timeout & retry parameters.
- Added the timeout and retry parameters to draw image.
- Added timeout & retry parameters to the source and library files.
- Added middle-up and middle-down to chart_label's position attribute for the column and stacked column charts.
- Added layout="hide" to legend.
- Added support for zero line_thickness in line charts.
- Added point_size preference for line charts.
- Added toggle_fullscreen to link's target.
- Combined series_gap and series_switch into series.
- Combined legend_label, legend_rect, and legend_transition into legend.
- Replaced chart_value with chart_label.
- Replaced chart_value_text with the label attribute in chart_data.
- Replaced axis_value_text with axis_value_label.
- Replaced live_update with update.
- Replaced the live_update target in link and link_data with update.
- Deprecated chart_pref's reverse parameter (bar chart always grows from top to bottom).